Utah is the state with lots of institutions that offer phlebotomy courses. There is a high demand for phlebotomist in this state and the need for these skilled technicians is constantly increasing. A phlebotomist is the medical technician who draws blood from patients for various medical reasons. You see them in hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, blood banks, physician’s clinics, doctor’s offices and other medical facilities. If you are interested in being an expert in venipuncture, grab your high school diploma and enroll in one of the phlebotomy schools in Utah. Venipuncture is the technique used for drawing and collecting blood samples.
The Utah School of Phlebotomy has two campuses that offer an in-depth training for phlebotomy candidate. One of their branches is located in 4141 South Highland Drive Suite 350 in Salt Lake City UT 84124. If you are near the Provo area, the address is 865 North Freedom Blvd in Provo UT 84604. These phlebotomy schools in Utah are offering thorough courses that can be completed within six weeks of continuous training. These academic institutions will educate you on some of the subjects like basic anatomy, medical terminology physiology, safety standards and patient interaction. These schools will provide you the clinical practice of laboratory experience to further your venipuncture skills.
Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College is situated in 200 N. Washington Blvd. in Ogden, Utah. Feel free to contact them at 84404-4089. phlebotomy schools in Utah offer a program course in technical education that enables you to acquire a certificate or degree. Ogden-Weber ATC offers an accelerated course that runs from 3 to forty hours and program courses that are made specifically to serve the needs of local businesses. The Phlebotomy Technician Certificate course takes a period of 100 hours to finish. The program consists of classroom lecture on basic subjects about phlebotomy. Afterwards, an externship on one of the local hospitals or doctor’s office will be practiced to conclude the course.
These programs are affordable and there are scholarship grants and other financial aids are given by the federal government to help you finance your studies. The federal government is giving full incentive benefits to aspiring students. Enroll in one of the phlebotomy schools in Utah and be one of them.
- Phlebotomy Training Center, 1140 Brickyard Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah, (888) 531-8378
- Alta View Hospital, 9660 South 1300 East, Sandy, UT, (801) 501-2600
- Eagle Gate College, 915 North 400 West, Layton, UT, (801) 333-7133
- Cole Holland Training Center, 2355 Technology Dr, West Valley City, UT, (801)759-5164
- AAA CNA Training Centers, 500 South Geneva Road #200, Orem, UT, (888) 531-8262
- Phlebotomy Training Specialists, Suite # C-250, 5248 South Pinemont Drive, Murray, UT, (888) 531-8378
- Davis Applied Technology College, 550 East 300 South Kaysville, UT 84037, (801) 593-2500
- Dixie State College of Utah, 225 South 700 East Saint George, UT 84770, (435) 652-7500